Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bome's or MFL??

5 posters

Go down

Bome's or MFL?? Empty Bome's or MFL??

Post by glackenj Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:49 am

Hi everyone, great to see this forum with people sharing knowledge.

I see there are some experienced users up here. I was just wondering if anyone felt like comparing and contrasting Bome's and MFL? All I really know is that MFL is much more indepth and yields more possibilities...but at that price Im just not sure Im up for it when Ive seen some amazing results with Bomes...

Anyway, yeah, if anyone has the time Id love to hear your opinions!

J

glackenj

Back to top Go down

Bome's or MFL?? Empty Re: Bome's or MFL??

Post by Admin Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:09 am

S4racen is your man, I am sure he will provide us all with a good response based on his extensive knowledge of both.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://apc40.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:09 pm

If you want to get on DJing and playing music then it's bomes everytime.... I'll happily send my template across just leave me your email....

theres a few videos here of what it can do, thestudiosessions.co.uk

On the other hand if you want to lose hours and produce nothing tangible music wise getting repetitive strain injury from cutting and pasting patch cords and a significantly lighter wallet then go for Max.... I started with the beta months ago and so have pretty much recreated my bomes template in max with added functionality.... However this only works because you can get (totally undocumented currently so total trial error on the behalf of twenty or so users) into the functionality of the APC40, we struggle with any other controller to get simple things going like momentary buttons....

Whichever you decide let me know, more than happy to help either way!!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glackenj Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:24 pm

Wow, thanks for the most excellent reply.

I have seen your videos and I thought Bome's looked pretty amazing really. Then I saw your M4L vids ... and yes it looks amazing, but its expensive as you said. Anyway, one thing is certain, I will be learning to use Max/MSP because its part of the college course Im doing starting next semester. If I wasnt doing the course Id probably just go for Bome's because at the moment Im mostly just interested in customizing my APC. But since I am...I guess Im gonna just get a feel for Max and see if it grabs me hard enough to make me shell out the cash!

glackenj

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jezereck Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:38 am

ok i'm lost wha are Bome's and MFL?
The Jezereck
The Jezereck

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jezereck Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:48 am

ahh nevermind went and looked it up, they basically allow you to control the midi functions better, hrm might have to look into these!
The Jezereck
The Jezereck

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:08 am

They're pretty essential if you want to do more than the standard functionality......

Bomes is awesome but then so is Max4Live as it effectively becomes a vst creator as well as the midi control options....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jezereck Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:45 pm

thanks! still so much to learn and so far behind! in the next few weeks believe me the questions will start coming flying!
The Jezereck
The Jezereck

Back to top Go down

Post by Schizophonix Tue May 24, 2011 11:57 am

Bomes and MFL are two great programs that we wouldn't really have to deal with, had AKAI and Ableton given the APC40 even the most basic MIDI controller functionality.

Sorry about the whining, but I own 7 MIDI controllers, and the APC is the only one that cannot be internally programmed. Even simple things like momentary buttons have to be done with extremely complex procedures and costly third party software. Also getting it to work togethert with any other MIDI controller is a nightmare, since the MIDI CC messages it sends are fixed so everything else has to be reprogrammed around it.

OK, the APC is very good at what it does best, but at 450 euros original price (that's what it cost me back then) you would expect a bit more of an effort on the manufactrurers behalf to make it as versatile and functional as the equipment that costs half this amount.

End of rant.

Schizophonix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum