Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APC40 + Max4Live Template - Shop Now Open

3 posters

Go down

APC40 + Max4Live Template - Shop Now Open Empty APC40 + Max4Live Template - Shop Now Open

Post by S4racen Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:48 am

Hi All,

I've spent nearly a year building the template i'm currently using, first with the excellent Bomes and now with Max4Live. The Bomes template i've made available to everyone who purchases bomes using the link on my blog the studiosessions.co.uk whilst the Max4live template shown in the video is available through a paypal payment of just £14.99....

The template comes with Isotonik 5.2, a full set up and instruction manual and lifetime upgrades......

Anyone who's used the Isotonik patch from max4live.com (currently sitting as the most downloaded by some way) will appreciate the new slim line approach allowing up to 6 tracks to be fully controlled (on a macbook pro 13") with up to 8 tracks depending on your processor speed....

New features include Sm4rt control and integration of my Gl1tch patch, all fully controllable from the APC40....

As many before me have put their stuff up for sale, i'm thinking the time has come to actually put a price on the time i've put into this thing. If you don't agree version 4 of the device will always be available on max4live.com for you to build your own template around. I'm thinking based on the feedback i've had many would prefer a simple out of the box solution without having to spend months on the learning curve required to get into max.....

Feedback as ever is greatly appreciated, those on the mailing list will be getting a manual sent to them and i'm more than happy to send it out to anyone who asks for it prior to purchase (it's a pdf file so simply pm me your email address)

Those of you who have already donated will of course be getting a copy shortly as soon as i've gone through my receipts on paypal!!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

APC40 + Max4Live Template - Shop Now Open Empty Re: APC40 + Max4Live Template - Shop Now Open

Post by S4racen Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:35 am

Just sent the manual out to everyone i've been given an email address by over the past year....

If you'd like a copy please send me a pm including your email....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

APC40 + Max4Live Template - Shop Now Open Empty Re: APC40 + Max4Live Template - Shop Now Open

Post by S4racen Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Just uploaded the Isotonik 5.5 template, now slimmer than ever and less CPU hungry, it's still a bit of a beast but i'm running it without glitches on 4 tracks including using the Sm4rt control....

For quick and easy set up, once you have loaded each device return to the master device and click the isotonik title and it will perform a master reset, resetting the individual tracks and then working through the individual parameters across all 8 tracks, once finished you're ready to go!!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jezereck Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:33 pm

is there any way to include what you are doing on the akai as you are demoing each individual segment? still very new to this and as interesting as it really looks i have no idea what you are doing on the akai to acheive these controls Smile might be alot to ask for but would definitely make it alot easier for us noobs to understand whats going on Very Happy but it definitely looks amazing!
The Jezereck
The Jezereck

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Yeah i'll try and figure out a demo video that has picture in picture... Currently only learning imovie so it might take a while!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jezereck Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:47 pm

yeah i hear ya, to tell you the truth i have no idea as well!
The Jezereck
The Jezereck

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:24 pm

Version 5.9.1 will be out at the weekend...

Main focus has been on further reducing the size of the devices so that a master and 3 slaves which previously added 22.9MB to the template has fallen to 17MB and cpu hovers around the 20% mark on standstill (once 50%+)

APC40 + Max4Live Template - Shop Now Open Screenshot2010-07-02at001003

You'll see an addition to the GUI with a now visible indication, still controllable directly from the APC but also now by click, of whether automatic follow actions are on/off and when on whether they'll play again or play the clip below....

I can now run 7 tracks containing an Isotonik device and have 5 clips playing and being effected at the same time without running into slowdown... The SM4rt control still challenges though as it's only really reliable for A to B mixing as a transition effect between two tracks given the number of devices contained within the rack and the automating of all 8 macro knobs at the same time, i'll build a more simplistic rack when i've got a chance....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:42 pm

5.9.2 Release Notes:

Firstly it's named after the prolific Negotiator, you'll find some of his effects within the return tracks as i've built them into the racks already found there, this guy can do some amazing things with just the native effects and some excellent mapping….

I've continued the theme of making things slimmer with the result that the devices in the 4 tracker have slimmed from 41.6MB for version 4.3 (the last one that was available on max4live.com to 15MB for the latest version, considerably reducing CPU and RAM use….

APC40 + Max4Live Template - Shop Now Open Screenshot2010-07-04at213602

In the GUI underneath the returns heading (remember you can hold down metronome and click on the returns button in the scene launch buttons to bring up a floating window of the macros of the last Return track to receive audio, these are then controlled with the knobs of the Send A bank) there are three new buttons….

1: ON/OFF - this controls the automatic follow action, you can change it by clicking or by holding down record quantize and clip stop 7

2: Again/Below - this controls the behaviour of the follow action and does what it says on the tin, you can change it again by clicking or by holding down record quantise and clip stop 8

3: 1/8's / 1/4's - this is the divisions of the slicer on scene three, therefore each button can represent a beat or half beat, 2 bars or one bar… This is currently only changeable by clicking but means you can have different settings for each track….

Still to do:

More work on the looper, i need it within a rack on a return to reduce the overall cpu so it has a reverse utility track, the play/rec/overdub functions are not mappable in a rack to macros but M4L looks like it'll be able to do it in time through the State parameter. For the moment i'll continue to use the aka.keyboard external but this adds 3GB to the master device so alternative suggestions are welcomed.

In a previous save the smart maps for the Sm4rt control became overwritten with the same graph for every setting, i'll come back and reconfigure these at a later date as currently the Sm4rt feature is still a big drain on CPU and is generally only safe to use when just two tracks are playing…. I'll try some other things i've learnt recently and this may be a point update in the future...

As ever the template is available by clicking the banner below which takes you to my blog....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

APC40 + Max4Live Template - Shop Now Open Empty What is required?

Post by RIP_KING Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:05 am

I've been watching these videos and reading about this template for weeks and I have to say that I've been drooling all over my keyboard! I just recently got into DJ'ing with Ableton and picked up an APC40 and this seems like its got all of the tools that I've been wondering how to construct. My question is, what exactly will I need to have to run this template if I purchase it? Right now I have Ableton Suite 8 and my APC40 and thats it. am I required to have Max4Live or do I just need the free Max runtime application? Do I need Bomes?

In regards to the looping control, is that just manipulating a beat repeat but the song continues forward, or does it legitimately loop the track so that when you turn off the loop the song is still in the same place? Stupid question I'm sure, but I'm a n00b!

Anyways, looks like amazing work on your behalf and I'd love to try it out!

RIP_KING

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:10 am

Hi there,

yes you do need max4live but nothing else like bomes, sadly there's no runtime bu given the fact you have suite already it's a worth it investment.....

And yes the looping is proper looping! With automtic follow actions at clip end if you like.... The glitchy stuff though is buffer based sonthe track keeps playing beneath it in sync with the rest of your set....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:40 am

And now I'm really chuffed to get a mention in tensnakes interview with Future Music magazine..... It's been a while since my name was in print!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RIP_KING Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:27 am

So the new template that you have worked on uses Max, yet I saw on another thread that you suggested Bomes over Max and you have a template for that as well. I suppose I'm a bit confused between the two? Is the template using bomes an older template?

Also, is it impossible to re-create the proper looping in your device without max4live? Can it be created with bomes? Thanks again for all your help, been having a great time DJ'ing with ableton so far and only hoping to improve my skills!

RIP_KING

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:28 am

Hi

Yes this template uses max4live, I'd recommend bomes as well for it's simplicity but they both do different things....

The bomes template is over a year old now and I haven't really tweaked it whereas theIsotonik one in this thread is constantly evolving....

Finally, no without m4l you can't achieve the looping functionality it achieves, you could perform quantized loops on the clip in focus but not on multiple clips at the same time.....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jezereck Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:56 am

do you have any videos showing the full use of the template? would really like to see what all it is you are talking about before investing into mfl
The Jezereck
The Jezereck

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:55 am

Hi MAte,
There are plenty on www.vimeo.com/studiosessions

I haven't done a full run through showing the APC in use for some time as i've been woring hard on developing it, the next version will have a template with the content provided by Loopmasters, i'm just sorting the audio out that they've sent me....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RIP_KING Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Hey there,

I just saw the following video that looks to be using an old version of your Isotonik rack:

http://findremix.com/ableton-live-tutorial-preparing-your-dj-set-for-the-apc40launchpad/

the demo comes on at the very end of the video. I guess my question is, is this old version of the rack the one that only uses bomes and not M4L? If so, can I find this version of your rack anywhere? It looks to be just what I am looking for, without having to shell out the money for M4L. Let me know when you have the chance!

Been having an awesome time DJ'ing with ableton and my apc40 and this forum and you (s4racen) has been more helpful than I could ever ask for (I see you posting on all the other forums too!). I'm just looking to add some more traditional looping functionality to my set if its possible.

Been mixing some nice house jams with no issue but goddamn if dubstep isn't significantly harder to get a tight mix!

RIP_KING

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:33 am

Hi ya,

The version on that video is a demo of an early version of Isotonik that uses exclusively M4L... sadly this functionality isn't available with any other method....

Sorry....

And yeah feeling you on that dubstep, 4 bar mixes is where it's at!!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jezereck Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:03 pm

ok so how do i go about purchasing this? i see you said something about paypal, but i dont see a link or anything
The Jezereck
The Jezereck

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:06 pm

Http://thestudiosessions.co.uk is my blog which is where the paypal buttons are!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jezereck Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:18 am

ok now i want to dled it but cant find it anywhere - jez
The Jezereck
The Jezereck

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:17 am

Hi Jez,

The files moved over to Sugarsync some months ago, i sent all subscribers a few emails but they may have ended in your spam folder?

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down