Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Box project

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Box project - Page 2 Empty Box project

Post by fleater Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

The problem I have is that I am sick of plugging stuff in all the time and the missus is a little off with me for having all of the gear all over the place.
I went out and bought an old analogue style 19" rack mixer box. What I wanted to achieve was to have this box that would be able to power all of my units from one kettle socket that I could just take to clubs with me and plug in and not worry. I also have space problems with HDD's As I am a DJ & VJ and a producer and all of the files fill internal laptop HDD's in seconds.
The contents will be:
Akai APC40,
Box project - Page 2 Top_on
Vestax VCM600,
Box project - Page 2 Vestax-vcm600-1-460-80
2 usb hubs,
Native instruments ADJ8,
Box project - Page 2 NI-Audio-8-DJ_main
Evolution X-Session (mounted to to top plate at 90deg so the crossfader will become a level fader),
Box project - Page 2 41XBHFZ2WHL._SL500_AA300_
2 no removable 3.5" HDD (Server style) with 2 2TB HDD's connected to 2 external ESATA plugs that I can connect to my 17" MBP using a Express Card ESATA connector.
Box project - Page 2 Delock-5.25-mobile-rack-for-3.5-sata-hdd-p_576945vb
Here are some pics of where I am with the project.
Here are the two HDD's that I can remove from a door on the back (They are old HDD's so I dont damage the new 2TB ones that I have boxed at home).
Box project - Page 2 Dsc02986j
Here is the ATX PSU I am using as it is light and low powered and quiet.
Box project - Page 2 Dsc02987u
The PSU powers happily my APC40
Box project - Page 2 Dsc02988f
And a USB powered hub to power my VCM 600 (that will be mounted in the top half of the box and will use UPVC style window hinges when the box is open)
Box project - Page 2 Dsc02990q
This gives me 4no usb ports for my 2 keyboards and Korg PadKontrol
Box project - Page 2 Dsc02991w
One of them to power my VCM 600 (that will be mounted in the top half of the box and will use UPVC style window hinges when the box is open to lift it into a tilted position)
Box project - Page 2 Dsc02989e
Just to give you and idea of how it will end up I am monting the APC40 with an Alu Tread Plate that will be powder coated the same graphite colour of the APC.
Box project - Page 2 Dsc02992ok
to the right of the APC I will be drilling holes to put the Evolution X-Session to give me 16 more rotary pots, and above the APC40 I will be putting the NI ADJ8 - I am not too sure what I will find when I open my ADJ8 and if I can put the plastic bit with the LEDS there and have all of the connectors hidden within.......
Box project - Page 2 Dsc02993v
I now have to work on the AC input, distribution box, breaker and somehow get my MBP charger slot thingy in somewhere that I can connect the charger but no leave the main body permanently inside the box....

Last edited by fleater on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:29 pm; edited 8 times in total
fleater
fleater

http://soundcloud.com/groups/fleater

Back to top Go down

Box project - Page 2 Empty Re: Box project

Post by fleater Thu May 26, 2011 6:46 pm

I have been a little distracted from my project and things have been left on the back burner. I have bought a APC20 and converted it into a APC80
Box project - Page 2 IMG_0287-1
Box project - Page 2 Apc80ctrld600
The bloody thing does not fit into my box so I am back at the drawing board.....

Found this image when posting this and it did make chuckle.....
Box project - Page 2 Bless
fleater
fleater

http://soundcloud.com/groups/fleater

Back to top Go down

Box project - Page 2 Empty Re: Box project

Post by Dirk Bigler Sun May 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Loving your APC80!
Dirk Bigler
Dirk Bigler
APC40 user

Back to top Go down