Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can any of the APC40's footwsitches be used to "Record selected clip"?

4 posters

Go down

Can any of the APC40's footwsitches be used to "Record selected clip"? Empty Can any of the APC40's footwsitches be used to "Record selected clip"?

Post by elkapone Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:11 pm

Hey guys, this is my first post Smile

I am thinking about buying an APC40, but one of the main reasons i want to buy apc40 and not a simpler (and cheaper) controler is to be able to use the footshiwtch to record the clip that is currently selected... is this possible?

Also, with the keyboard, you can select clips with the arrow keys, and start them with the "enter" key. Unfortunately, if you do something else, like arming a track with a shortcut, you can't select the clips any more with the arrow keys until you go and click one clip with the mouse...

Does this happen with the apc also??

Pardon my english

elkapone

Back to top Go down

Can any of the APC40's footwsitches be used to "Record selected clip"? Empty Re: Can any of the APC40's footwsitches be used to "Record selected clip"?

Post by VeraNova Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:20 pm

you can override any of the midi controls yourself.
so if it's possible in Ableton to map the function in midi mode, then the answer is YES.

VeraNova
VeraNova

Back to top Go down

Can any of the APC40's footwsitches be used to "Record selected clip"? Empty Re: Can any of the APC40's footwsitches be used to "Record selected clip"?

Post by elkapone Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:52 pm

That's the problem...

I now how to map to record a SPECIFIC clip, but i don't know what to map to record the SELECTED clip, wher one single button would record various clips...

elkapone

Back to top Go down

Post by natecraypo Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:11 pm

I have created a M4L device which does exactly this. Available for free DL here: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/908/clip-recorder

just map your foot-switch to the "fire!!!" button in the floating window made visible by clicking the "click here" button.

natecraypo

Back to top Go down

Post by kino Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:08 am

This is an excellent device natecraypo, thanks for sharing.

kino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum