Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APC40+20 Red&Blue rectangle Flip Flop

Go down

APC40+20 Red&Blue rectangle Flip Flop Empty APC40+20 Red&Blue rectangle Flip Flop

Post by TheOscillator Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:42 am

I've built an APC80.

Does anyone have a workaround or setup that will keep the red and blue windows in Ableton on the screen in their proper place?

Sometimes my session files (song) will load up with the APC40 as the red window controlling tracks 1-8 and the APC20 will show the blue window contrrolling tracks 9-16, other times, the windows will be reversed when I load the same session file. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when or why that I have been able to determine so far. I've tried closing Live, turning on/off each unit and a number of other combinations to remedy. (Note: I don't think it should make a difference but I also use Stray's NativeKontrol APC3 CL3+TC3 script)

See below for a copy/paste from the Ableton manual. It states that whichever unit is setup above the other in the preferences/midi sync settings will always be red box -tracks 1-8. Also, see the link for the only other forum thread on the subject on the Ableton forum.

26.11 Combination Mode

The real power of the APC40 controller comes through when you combine it with additional APC40s or the Akai Professional APC20.

When you connect more than one APC unit to Ableton Live, the controllers will automatically
work in Combination Mode. You can use up to six total APC20s or APC40s side by side. The
topmost controller selected in your preferences will control tracks 1-8, the second controller
selected will control tracks 9-16, and so on.
When an APC40 and an APC20 are connected
at the same time, the APC20’s buttons will default to Track Selection, and its faders will
default to volume, allowing swift access to an expanding array of clips and tracks.

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155565&p=1234646&hilit=apc40+apc20+combination+mode#p1234646

TheOscillator

Back to top Go down

APC40+20 Red&Blue rectangle Flip Flop Empty Re: APC40+20 Red&Blue rectangle Flip Flop

Post by TheOscillator Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:06 am

Options/Preferences/Midi Sync

Turn off and on the REMOTE button on...

Input:InAPC20 Input (Akai APC20)

when you get into trouble.

TheOscillator

Back to top Go down