Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Checkout my custom APC-40 midi scripts plus DJ Template for Ableton

4 posters

Go down

Checkout my custom APC-40 midi scripts plus DJ Template for Ableton Empty Checkout my custom APC-40 midi scripts plus DJ Template for Ableton

Post by quirksmode Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi guys,

for anyone who is interested I have decided to make available the custom APC-40 midi scripts and DJ Template I have been using for the past year or so.

Link to Download:
www quirksmode.co.uk/dj/dj-template/
(link has been edited as the forum wont let me post for some reason?)

After months and months of hard work Version 1.0 of my DJ Template for the APC-40 and Ableton is finally available to download. Along with a master Ableton file I have created custom Python Midi Scripts that add a whole load of new functionality to the APC-40 including:

1) Instant quantised looping with the arm buttons (/16, /8, /4, /2, 1, 2, 4, 8. Use with shift for added loop control.)
2) Vertical 'Red Box' Scene scrolling with the Cue Knob to quickly navigate your livesets. (Use with shift to change tempo)
3) Instant quantised FX with the scene launch buttons (/16, /8, /4, /2, 1. Use with shift to change the FX including Repeats, Repeat Roll, Gater, Beat Masher, Filter Roll)
4) Maps the Device Control to a ton of cool FX (Including: Metalize, Filter Roll, Gater, Repeat Roll, Fade 2 Grey, Beat Masher)
5) Maps the Track Control section to an additional EQ and FX rack (Including Low, Mid, High, Gain, Filter, LFO Filter, Reverb Trail, Fade 2 Red)
6) All FX racks come with cutoff and modifier knobs for maximum control of FX.
7) Use the Play button to reset the current tracks FX
Cool Use the Stop button to reset all the tracks FX
9) Use Detail View to toggle from Loop mode to Cue mode. Cue mode allows you to change the functionality of the Cue Knob (Including: Cue, Scroll Scene, Enhanced Tempo Control, Scrub Clips, Change selected Clips Start/End Point)
10) Track Selection buttons auto select currently playing clip and can also toggle between Track and Clip Views to quickly see that tracks FX racks.
11) Template can be turned on/off using the Metronome button so can switch back to normal APC functionality at any point during set.
12) Template has been built to be flexible so if you don't like the way I have set the tracks up or the FX racks themselves it uses you can simply delete them and the other features like instant looping, red box scrolling etc. will still work.
13) Additionally and just for fun, the Cross Fader is connected to a track loaded with scratch samples along with a scratch FX panel to simulate Traktors Gater effect, but with added functionality. (As with point 12, if you don't like this you can simply delete it)

I am not the greatest at documentation so if this all seems a little over complicated let me know and I will put together a video showing how it all works. Feedback is massively appreciated as I have only ever been able to test this on my mac.

thanks,

Dave

quirksmode

Back to top Go down

Checkout my custom APC-40 midi scripts plus DJ Template for Ableton Empty Re: Checkout my custom APC-40 midi scripts plus DJ Template for Ableton

Post by Admin Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Be interested to see how people got on with this, looks like a ton of work went into it, thanks for sharing!

Cheers
D
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://apc40.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Checkout my custom APC-40 midi scripts plus DJ Template for Ableton Empty Re: Checkout my custom APC-40 midi scripts plus DJ Template for Ableton

Post by Grant Carlisle Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 pm

I'm grabing it now, I'll give it a run through and post some feedback later. Thank you for sharing.
Grant Carlisle
Grant Carlisle

http://myspace.com/grantcarlislemusic

Back to top Go down

Post by psylens Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks for posting this - I have downloaded it and will hopefully take a look soon. The link needed to be messed with on my end to get the page - i'll attempt to post a working link: http://www.quirksmode.co.uk/dj/dj-template/

psylens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down