Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large .als disconnecting APC40 from Live

3 posters

Go down

Large .als disconnecting APC40 from Live Empty Large .als disconnecting APC40 from Live

Post by Emperor Zill Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:31 am

My APC40 disconnects from my computer when I open up large Ableton Projects. I know it disconnects because I hear the device disconnect/connect noise Windows 7 makes.

If I open up Ableton from a blank project, you can see the APC40 red box and it functions correctly. I own Ableton, so it's not like it's not working because I have a pirated copy. I have tried all different USB ports and different computers and cables, so I know it has to be the APC40.

I think it may need a firmware update of some sort. I purchased my APC40 for $180 off of eBay. It was previously used in a studio and came with all original packaging (box, manual, disc, etc..).

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Tyler Hoffman

Emperor Zill

Back to top Go down

Large .als disconnecting APC40 from Live Empty Re: Large .als disconnecting APC40 from Live

Post by S4racen Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:45 am

That sounds really weird, i've searched through the forums and i can't find anyone else who's experiencing the same...

On that basis, as long as you're on the latest version of Live i'd contact Ableton support, they sometimes take a little time to respond but ultimately they either fix the problem or acknowledge the fault...

Have you looked (sorry dont have windows) at your ram usage/memory usage when opening large sets, does it spike, do any applications crash when you're opening these large sets?

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Large .als disconnecting APC40 from Live Empty Re: Large .als disconnecting APC40 from Live

Post by elio_xh Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:05 am

Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem? I've having the same thing.

elio_xh

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:24 pm

There hasn't been a response from the original poster as yet, my best advice is to log the error with Ableton Support in the first instance everytime...

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down