Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing BPM

2 posters

Go down

Changing BPM Empty Changing BPM

Post by bobcat2 Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Essentially, what I want to be able to do is adjust the bpm of the song that I have cued, ready to mix into the song that's already playing out. I.e just like a turntable/cdj, adjust the bpm of the tune that I'm mixing in but without that bpm adjustment affecting the tune that's already playing out.

I can assign a knob to control the master tempo and I can change the bpms throughout the set by typing the bpms I want in each row in master tempo in clip on the right hand side, but these methods only allow me to change the tempo of everything that is playing out through the speakers, rather than change the tempo of the cued track which is what I want to do.

Or if this isn't possible, is there a way for Ableton just to bring in each new tune at a bpm that I've specified? Will I have to warp them at the bpm that I want to mix them in? Rather than just warping them at their native one?

Many thanks for reading and your time,

bobcat

bobcat2

Back to top Go down

Changing BPM Empty Re: Changing BPM

Post by S4racen Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 am

Ableton will play any track at the master tempo when you play it, when you say cued track do you mean the one youre listening to in the headphones?

If so then as long as you have warped it (on the beats etc) then it will play at the master tempo specified...

If you mean a track thats youre previewing in the browser then i believe youre out of luck as thats not possible in ableton....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down