Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APC 40 Midi mapping + midi keyboard

Go down

APC 40 Midi mapping + midi keyboard Empty APC 40 Midi mapping + midi keyboard

Post by ooz Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:17 pm

This one should have an easy solution I hope - I've tried to assign 4 pads on an Alesis QX25 to 4 scenes in Live 8, but no matter of the midi channel they are using the same CC numbers as some of the buttons on the APC40 (pushing pad on the keyboard launches the scene, but arm button on track 5  on the APC is doing the same as it is assigned to midi note C2)
I've tried to play with the Input settings in Ableton as well, no luck so far.
Could you please suggest about this synchronisational issue?

ooz

Back to top Go down

APC 40 Midi mapping + midi keyboard Empty Re: APC 40 Midi mapping + midi keyboard

Post by ooz Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:04 pm

hmm, for future reference - after considering all the possibilities I've tried to manipulate again from the beginning with the MIDI channels, preset saves-recalls. The Alesis QX25 was now set to MIDI channel 13 to avoid any possible synchronisational issue with my other controllers as well as with the APC40.
And now it works! 
I see 2 possible noobish problems - the keyboard was possibly set to MIDI channel 9, which the APC still uses, or I did not perform the preset save/recall on the keyboard properly, either way - it works perfectly Smile

ooz

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum