Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visual Metronome

4 posters

Go down

Visual Metronome Empty Visual Metronome

Post by romstah Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:41 pm

Hey all, is there a way to have a visual metronome running on the stop buttons without losing its functionality? I would still like to use the buttons to stop the clips. Can i do this using bomes classic? i cant afford the pro right now, im saving up for the live upgrade.

romstah

Back to top Go down

Visual Metronome Empty Re: Visual Metronome

Post by S4racen Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi there....

Send me an email to darrenecowley@sky.com and i'll send you the template that has the midi track you need to achieve this effect... There's no need for bomes even though it's the best thing ever....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by romstah Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:36 am

i got it working, thanks. Is there a way to change the LED color?

romstah

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi there mate,

With the stop clip and track select buttons the only light state is to have a green pad, if you wanted to have different colours you'd need to change the midi note that's being played in the clip and then change the velocity of the notes to correspond with the colour that you want the pad to display, the different velocitys are described in the APC40 protocol document.....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empireal Formula Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:35 am

hello. I'm new to the forum. Do you think I could get the file as well?

I got the APC a few weeks ago and I'm lovin it. I been fooling with it and getting used to it but now im ready to start editing/hacking and doin some neat things with it as i'm seeing alot of people doin out there.

The Empireal Formula

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:56 am

Firstly, welcome to the forum!

Do me a favour and pm me your email address, or leave me a comment on my blog thestudiosessions.co.uk

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empireal Formula Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:59 am

hey got your email and checked out your blog, looks like alot of fun reads. I'll be visiting it often.

But i didnt understand the template or the download link for the metronome thing. Do i need Bomes?

I tried the download links in the email but i click the download link and i just get a bunch of code jibberish. "rlkjlkrtjlktjelkrtjrktkrjtr"

The Empireal Formula

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:37 am

Hi there,

If you just want the metronome then you need to download the ALP file to your harddrvie, don't click on it to go to it as then you'll get gibberish, instead right click and save as.....

The metronome is within the set, you don;t need bomes to use it but if you fancy having a go at the template the other files are there and can be used with the trial version of Bomes to see if you'd see the value in the product first (i think you will and over 400 other people have so far!)

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itsapandemic Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:50 am

Hey Darren,

Ive tried using the Visual metronome but I cant get it to work properly. How would I go about getting it to work without bomes. I have bomes and It works when I use it, but Im trying to to be dependent on bomes and want just an interaction between the apc and live for right now. How would I go about doing that?

itsapandemic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empireal Formula Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:07 am

hey itsapandemic,

i got it workin, w/out bomes.

wut i did was i opened up the device and edited the midi channels on on the midi notes theres a total of 8 midi notes and i set them up from midi channel 1-8 so the first midi note value was set to midi channel 1 and the second midi note was set to midi channel 2.....etc

and then it worked liked that. i have no idea if i did the right thing or not but it worked! lol

i think its cuz the midi chanels are routed through Bomes by default but if u wanna use it w/out bomes u just gotta manually set em, peace

The Empireal Formula

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:30 am

Depends on what versio of the template that your using but th metronome is a native effect to ableton and doesn't use bomes, you may as above need to reset the channels to 1-8 assometimes these grey out during installation.

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum