Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Channel Knobs linked to effects racks

2 posters

Go down

Channel Knobs linked to effects racks Empty Channel Knobs linked to effects racks

Post by itsapandemic Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Hey everyone, I have a simple question. How can I have my top 8 channel knobs mapped to the 8 different racks separately? for example, I want a phaser linked to each track so I dont have to click on "track selection" to make changes. I want to be able to do the effect on all 8 tracks at the same time, ive seen it done before I just dont know how to do it. thanks in advance.

itsapandemic

Back to top Go down

Channel Knobs linked to effects racks Empty Re: Channel Knobs linked to effects racks

Post by S4racen Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:12 pm

If you hard map it using midi you'll lose all other control and it isn't then very switchable unless all you need is filter control....

Two solutions.... Both involve money.... Bomes and my template do what you need, bomes costs about 60 quid..... Or Max4Live which costs coinsiderably more....

Have a look at the videos on my blog thestudiosessions.co.uk to see if that's the control you're looking for?

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Channel Knobs linked to effects racks Empty Re: Channel Knobs linked to effects racks

Post by itsapandemic Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:05 pm

Hey Darren,

Ya I already have Bomes and your template, however I dont know enough about midi code to make my own template, and as much as i love yours there are a few things I would like to change but not sure exactly how

itsapandemic

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:27 pm

What changes would you like to make mate i may be able to point you in the right direction....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itsapandemic Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Thanks a lot man, im away from the template at the moment but ill reply later tonight with some things ive been looking at changing. Thanks a lot for your encouraging help

itsapandemic

Back to top Go down

Post by itsapandemic Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:45 am

so I just went back into the template and bomes which I havent used in some time, and remembered why. I wasnt able to get it fully working for whatever reason; the shutter, pitch, turntable stop etc never would work. Reaktor is in the right spot (left effects) but im using reaktor 5 fx since it wont let me just put in reaktor 5. But what I really want to do is get the effects of Pioneer DJM-800. I thought of having an idea of having 2 tracks on the left to most columns, then 2 on the right on the right most columns (excluding scene launch) and the center be fx or something to that degree what would make it more cdj like. help and ideas always greatly appreciated, however, I know you are on M4L so thats why I havent bothered emailing you.

itsapandemic

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:00 am

Mmmm not sure where to start, have you tried building the DJM800 effects in ableton? Which does it have (i've got a DJM600)

And how long ago did i send you the template, did you have to download it from rapidshare or from the bomes website?

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itsapandemic Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:20 pm

I downloaded it from rapidshare with the 8.1 version. Im still on ableton 8.1.0 with the template to go along with 8.1. Im mainly looking for Echo, Roll, flanger, delay and a looper. Ive downloaded a couple presets from trek, but im still looking for an echo like effect and roll that I can close the values down and create a build up.

In a nut shell what I would like to have is this type of channel setups:
for the bottom right nobs (device control) I would like two effects hardwired to each track. for example, knob 1&5 controls lets say an echo on 1 and a looper on 5 for track 1. knobs 2&6 would do the same but for track 2, and would progress for the following tracks.

The top knobs would control eqing.

In a sense it would be a mixture of your ideas, will marshalls template, but with a tiny bit more of a simplistic design that wouldnt need a lot of going around in ableton.

itsapandemic

Back to top Go down

Post by itsapandemic Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:08 pm

Scratch what I said earlier, I realized there are more problems with that design than it actually helping. However, the template that I would like to map is Will Marshalls but with some of your features. Mainly the ability to adjust the parameters for tracks as a whole rather than each one individually. Im not sure if you have seen this template or remember it, but I did notice you commented on his tutorial on Vimeo, but I could send the template your way if need be, or maybe point me in the right direction to get it mapped since im not sure exactly how. Thanks a lot Darren, as always you been a tremendous help.

itsapandemic

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:36 am

itsapandemic wrote:Scratch what I said earlier, I realized there are more problems with that design than it actually helping. However, the template that I would like to map is Will Marshalls but with some of your features. Mainly the ability to adjust the parameters for tracks as a whole rather than each one individually. Im not sure if you have seen this template or remember it, but I did notice you commented on his tutorial on Vimeo, but I could send the template your way if need be, or maybe point me in the right direction to get it mapped since im not sure exactly how. Thanks a lot Darren, as always you been a tremendous help.

Yeah i'm sorry if it wasn;'t clear, you can't do that natively within Live, both Will's and my templates use Bomes, Will uses the nativekontrol templates which give even more control......

I'll not be adding any fuirther functionality to mine with bomes as i've found Max4Live exhausting and now have a 17mb patch that's very stable and is about to enter version 4.0

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down