Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done.

+3
dirtydave
Admin
djDarkside
7 posters

Go down

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done. Empty APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done.

Post by djDarkside Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:20 pm

I am not done with the TSI of mine by any means, but so far I can do everything needed to play two songs together and beat match them. So here goes.

First if you are going to make your own TSI remember - THERE ARE ONLY A FINITE NUMBER OF SETTINGS TO PROGRAM. I know when I was first starting out, it was overwhelming.

Best thing to do is Start out like I did, with the left Deck A play Button. I split the APC40 in to two decks. I know some of you go crazy for 4d settings, but that not where I am going for with this. Basically I am going to have EQ on the right With Top row being deck A and bottom deck B. Kills for them are the Activator buttons next to the fade switches at the bottom. Pitch bend and Pitch nudge are two important settings. I put the Play button in Red LED then green when you play the song. Cue (Cup) is next with Orage LED and the left right nudges in blinking green. I split the headphone monitor buttons half way on the Solo/Cue blue button row. Cue level and Master volume work. Crossfader works. Rec button does too. You select tracks with Bank select and send them to the left for Deck A and Deck B. Play button next to the crossfader is for pre-cue monitoring and you select the track with the stop button. The rest is coming. But right now I can beatmatch a song like no-ones business. It seams that the 10 or so TSI files I have tried don't offer this, which is a pity.

Alright, Now I used a couple of very useful items to make this happen.

wbowers over @: apc40.forumotion.com Posted the LED configuration settings. Good thing to note. I love how 7-127 is Green. alien

1 green
2 green blinking
3 red
4 red blinking
5 orange
6 orange blinking

7-127 are green

to access this level of control you will need a third party midi translator.[/quote]

Second is this layout. It lists the notes of each key, which helped a lot with led and other configuration. Since leds don't have a learn mode, you have to know the 'note' and channel of the key you want to set. So for instance the top row is all F3, but the channel goes from 1-8. So forth. It was easy to program, APC40 has a very intuitive midi layout. For the most part that is. If something doesn't go to plan, try hitting The inverse key, or some other tweaks in the drop down, i.e. the Cue Level button was a little un-cooperative.

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done. 4474260716_178fc78825_b

Finally turn the APC40 BEFORE you launch Traktor then import the tsi.

My TSI File

Not a finished work by any means, but this is what I had to go through to get it going, hop this helps others out there having a little bit of a hard time.

king

djDarkside

Back to top Go down

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done. Empty Re: APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done.

Post by Admin Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:29 pm

Thanks for sharing mate.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://apc40.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done. Empty Did a little update to the template

Post by djDarkside Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:06 am

Updated *.tsi

Let me know if it's useful, or if there are things you would change.

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done. 4480954238_87b7d74548_b

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done. 4480953618_17a71d72d1_b

djDarkside

Back to top Go down

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done. Empty Re: APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done.

Post by Admin Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:04 am

Any feedback from people who have tried this out would be appreciated. Some great work by DdjDarkside - well done mate.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done. Empty traktor tsi

Post by dirtydave Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:05 pm

hey guys. inspired by the above mapping i made one myself which better suits my needs. you can download the TSI + description here

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4zdjiyvkyxx/APC40_TRAKTOR.zip

feedback is very welcome.

i have one question: when starting straight with traktor i feel like the APC40 behaves a bit weird. It's cool that the LEDs on the knobs work but some of the the buttons behave weird since i have to click them 2 times instead of 1 time to exectue a command. is this normal? when i first launch ableton, close it and then start traktor, alle the LEDs go off but the APC40 works as expected in traktor, including correct LED output on the buttons... is there any decent workaround without launching ableton?

dirtydave

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done. Empty Starting from scratch?

Post by Ginkgo Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:37 am

Thanks to Darksided for posting his TSI. I've been messing with MIDI map settings for the past few hours, starting with TSIs that others have posted, then realizing that none of them are doing what I want. I'd like to make my own, but I'm noticing that buttons can apparently be assigned to more than one function. So, if I map a button to be Deck A Play/Pause, I can get it to do that, but this same button is also triggering 1/8th bar loops and Master on/off. Is there a way to cleanse the pallette so each button does only one thing?

Macbook, APC40 (obviously), Traktor Pro 1.2.1

Ginkgo

Back to top Go down

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done. Empty A Token of Thanks

Post by Radiculous Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:16 pm

DJDarkside,

I just bought my APC40 yesterday, and i immediately googled forums +apc and this came up, I downloaded your tsi file. and I'm loving it! Smile Thank you so much for sharing your mapping. This is just what I needed, I only play with 2 decks ATM. so this should help me a lot. Smile

Thank you again

Cheers mate! Smile

Radiculous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jezereck Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:40 am

really lookin forward to trying this out!
The Jezereck
The Jezereck

Back to top Go down

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done. Empty how do I install the TSI

Post by RIP_KING Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:47 am

hey guys, I'm having trouble getting traktor to recognize my APC40. I've tried loading the TSI by going to the Controller Manager within the preferences pane and then import the TSI settings. Once I do that, blank settings are what show. Is there anything that I am doing wrong?

RIP_KING

Back to top Go down

APC40 and Traktor Pro - This Is How It Should Be Done. Empty Step by step

Post by djDarkside Mon May 16, 2011 6:49 am

Power on and plug the USB before you launch Traktor. Make sure the TSI is loaded under import. Then relaunch the app. so, importTSI>Exit Traktor> Connect controller via power then USB> then open Traktor again. Hope it helps.

djDarkside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down