Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ableton Live 8 + APC40 + Remote SL Controllerism

+2
nezzyidy
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Ableton Live 8 + APC40 + Remote SL Controllerism Empty Ableton Live 8 + APC40 + Remote SL Controllerism

Post by Admin Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:10 pm

This video is a step-by-step tutorial describing Ableton Live 8's new custom parameter mapping methodology. The video illustrates how to map select parameters from VST plug-ins into devices and then control these parameters via the Novation Remote SL and the new Akai APC40. The video also discusses how to add and access more than 8 parameters. Lastly, the video covers use of instrument racks and macro controls to map parameters from multiple devices to an 8 knob group.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://apc40.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ableton Live 8 + APC40 + Remote SL Controllerism Empty Re: Ableton Live 8 + APC40 + Remote SL Controllerism

Post by nezzyidy Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Wow, thanks so much for posting this.

I recently upgraded to live 8 and I didn't even know that
there was new vst mapping changes, this will help a lot!

I guess it's time I went through the rest of the live 8 manual...
they really pack a lot of great hidden features in each new
ableton release.

http://www.nezzyidy.com

nezzyidy

Back to top Go down

Ableton Live 8 + APC40 + Remote SL Controllerism Empty Re: Ableton Live 8 + APC40 + Remote SL Controllerism

Post by Admin Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:58 pm

I upgraded to Live 8 last night and I am just playing around with some of the effects. Loving how they automatically map to the device control. Some great effects as well!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://apc40.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by superchibisan Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:17 pm

very informative. i need to get a hold of live 8 apparent.y... that vst mapping stuff is exactly what i have problems with

superchibisan

Back to top Go down

Post by isaaclevy Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:52 pm

vey nice video man, thanks a lot....

isaaclevy

Back to top Go down

Post by anand Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:51 am

Good video mate. Can you explain why you would map both the apc and the remote SL to same parameters in live/massive? The left hand/right hand thing makes sense but you are now limiting using 2 sets of controllers to modulate the same parameters.

anand

Back to top Go down

Post by grade e Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:17 pm

Great video...have not found a reason to upgrade to Live 8 yet. This is actually one of the more compelling features. In 7 I have found myself expanding all the parameters on the AU/VST and then moving a knob to see which parameter bar moves so I can midi map it. Obviously not an efficient way of working. This is really cool. Thanks for posting.

grade e

Back to top Go down

Post by isaaclevy Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:44 am

anand wrote:Good video mate. Can you explain why you would map both the apc and the remote SL to same parameters in live/massive? The left hand/right hand thing makes sense but you are now limiting using 2 sets of controllers to modulate the same parameters.

Actually i dont know if it is possible to "map it off" from the apc, i was trying to map some vst to control it exclusively with other device (not with the apc) and it was doing the same, maping on both at the same time....i dont know how to desable this, it not usefull for me to have 2 controllers and both for one thing.....

any help? i am not so good wihtt his..lol..thanks advanced.

isaaclevy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down