Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I run an external instrument through the APC40?

2 posters

Go down

Can I run an external instrument through the APC40? Empty Can I run an external instrument through the APC40?

Post by Karmatose Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:20 am

Hullo, I'd be grateful for an answer to this question. The APC40 is touted as "the" solution to live sampling performance, and yet I haven't found any instruction anywhere about simply plugging an instrument into the darn thing and sampling it! Am I missing something? I thought perhaps I might need some extra "baggage" equipment, but had such high hopes for the unit :-( If a more experienced user could give me their 2c, that'd be great.
To reiterate, what I was initially wanting to do was feed an ext. in (standard jack to jack from an electric or semiacoustic guitar) through the akai to make loops/samples in Ableton.

Your thoughts?
:-)

Dean

Karmatose

Back to top Go down

Can I run an external instrument through the APC40? Empty Re: Can I run an external instrument through the APC40?

Post by S4racen Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Its a MIDI controller so won't do what you're asking above i'm afraid... It's not described as the solution to live sampling performance to my knowledge however when combined with Ableton Live i can see how it could be perceived as such....

You'll need to purchase a soundcard to get audio in to Ableton...

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down