Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Akai APC40 Customization

+8
wyxeboy
mojoworkinz
S4racen
pantherish
gitm
statik
Scaff
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Akai APC40 Customization Empty Akai APC40 Customization

Post by Admin Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://apc40.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Akai APC40 Customization Empty Re: Akai APC40 Customization

Post by Scaff Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:46 am

I would like to know how i have to handle this in the third party application!

Scaff

Back to top Go down

Post by statik Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:38 pm

yeah, I've not been able to gat my head around bomes.
Can you tell us how you set this up.

Also using the shift and Stop clip buttons to get to other controls, is this done with bomes ?

statik

Back to top Go down

Post by gitm Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:46 am

Has anyone had success reproducing these functions? If so, please post a template!! The bomes thing is a bit confusing!!

gitm

Back to top Go down

Akai APC40 Customization Empty Bome's midi translator

Post by pantherish Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:10 am

hi guys,

I have been watching this guys videos too... seems like he's really customizing the APC40 well...

I have no idea how to use Bome's either and there seems to be very little help on it at all... I don't think many people know how to use it at all!

I'm still waiting for my new audio interface to come (just got rid of my old one) then I want to play with the APC using the factory preset, so I can get used to that first and then make my own improvments...

Anyone here have some suggestions for basic improvements? I am thinking of using channels 1,2,3,4 for tracks then 5,6,7,8 for loops, acapellas, SFX that sort of thing.

I rarely use pan at all so I think I will change that to a high pass filter or something like that.

Having not played with the APC much yet I do wander... when I used to have CDJs and a mixer, when I was mixing I wanted to take away say the "mid" of one track while bringing in the "mid" of the next track... pretty standard mixing... but this requires having the EQ knobs (and effects if you want too) of BOTH channels being accessible at the same time... how do you do this in the APC, I'm not 100% but I think that you can only access the "device control" section for one channel at a time... am I right?

thanks

pantherish

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:09 am

Hi Guys,

You'll defintiely need bomes to be able to do the above, i know maxforlive is in beta and i'll keep close eye on it, i'm also hoping to get a copy of MT Player which is the free version of bomes that will although people to use the patches (but not modify them) without having a fully licensed copy of bomes....

I'm at the point where i've done as much as i can think of with my template, so wish list time, what would you want your APC to be able to do?

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Akai APC40 Customization Empty EQ'ing with the APC

Post by mojoworkinz Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:22 am

i have been looking for a solution to eq.ing 2 channels at once. Right now all i am able to do is map the eq kill switches for each channel to the three buttons above the volume faders but its pretty basic. Anyone got a better solution?

mojoworkinz

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:55 pm

I'm now in the max4live beta and can see how anything you want can be imnplemented and a gui built to show you what your effecting.....

Very exciting! However i'm guessing it's not going to be cheap so if you wanted to invest in Bomes and get translating i think you'd be equally happy in the long run!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Akai APC40 Customization Empty Scrolling

Post by wyxeboy Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi All

Anyone know how to set up the grid to scroll with the bank select keys rather than stepping up and down as demonstrated in vid

Also how do you set up the activision buttons to mute only when held rather than toggling on and off

Thanks guys

Regards

Wyxe

wyxeboy

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:20 am

wyxeboy wrote:Hi All

Anyone know how to set up the grid to scroll with the bank select keys rather than stepping up and down as demonstrated in vid

Also how do you set up the activision buttons to mute only when held rather than toggling on and off

Thanks guys

Regards

Wyxe

You need a third party piece of software to do this such as Bomes however they've just started releasing the objects for max4live to the beta testers that allow you to do this with a simple toggle (you'll need max4live when it comes out though!)

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:39 am

When is Max4live out and does anyone know how much yet?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://apc40.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:17 pm

23rd November and about $299....

The latest beta of Live though addresses a number of issues with the APC without the need for Max, it now scrolls when the buttons are held down, the return tracks can be navigated to, holding the clip/track view button down will focus on the actual clip playing in the track that you've focused on.....

The ability of Max is immense though....!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sdbz Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:49 pm

mojoworkinz wrote:i have been looking for a solution to eq.ing 2 channels at once. Right now all i am able to do is map the eq kill switches for each channel to the three buttons above the volume faders but its pretty basic. Anyone got a better solution?

Well the solution is rather simple...reasign the A,B,C sends to LOW, MID and HIGH and remap each one of the 8 knobs to each chanel. (Remap Send A by pressing it then maping each one of the 8 knobs to the low eq knob...do the same for the rest...) It's quite a good solution...

sdbz

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:41 pm

Unfortunately the apc will reset values when moving between the different send banks... bad times....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:22 pm

UPDATE 4:

This is the one i was waiting to do in Max but i needed a lot of help (much thanks to Michael Chenetz)

Akai APC40 Customization Screenshot2009-12-29at175334

http://vimeo.com/8441111

Thanks to Mike Chenetz of maxforlive.info i've finally got round to replacing beatlookup and lucifer within my DJ template so that i can run things as native as possible....

This update to my clip control patch gives beatjumping functionality that can either be on a Stutter or Continue basis, you can also select what division the 8 buttons control either 1/4s or 1/8ths....

With the smooth control you can vary the edges of the slices depending on the style of music your playing...

And finally the reverse function plays all the slices in reverse order from the last slice played and backwards giving a very smooth sounding rewind (only at the same tempo currently)

The patch also adds the Reset option of the 8 macros in the first device in the track, you can record new values and quickly reset to them after playing with say a filter in the mix....

Patch for download at maxforlive.com!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blueprint Sun May 02, 2010 11:19 pm

sdbz wrote:
mojoworkinz wrote:i have been looking for a solution to eq.ing 2 channels at once. Right now all i am able to do is map the eq kill switches for each channel to the three buttons above the volume faders but its pretty basic. Anyone got a better solution?

Well the solution is rather simple...reasign the A,B,C sends to LOW, MID and HIGH and remap each one of the 8 knobs to each chanel. (Remap Send A by pressing it then maping each one of the 8 knobs to the low eq knob...do the same for the rest...) It's quite a good solution...

I understand how important eqing is but is it necessary to eliminate your sends A, B, C so you can eq? I'm using the device control for each track with Jeremy Jive's eq plug-in and am finding it more than adequate. The only kind of tricky part is focusing tracks while eqing, but with practice comes the swiftness.

The sends are important as is and I like the way it's set-up. IMO of course.

blueprint

Back to top Go down

Post by elliotness Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:20 am

i know this is an old topic, and if this has been answered on page 2, forgive me. I am on my pos phone and it wont load page 2. my apc factory setup solution for traditional dj setup would be to set up 4 'a' channels assigned to 'a' crossfader, and four 'b' channels assigned to 'b.' Each channel audio output set as 'sends only.' On 'a' channels, turn send 'a' knob up, on 'b' channels send 'b.' put eq three in sends a and b, and midi map the frequency knobs of each send eq device to knobs in the 'pan' bank controls. this will leave two open, assignable knobs in pan bank, and allow both eqs to be manipulated at once, as well as leaving send a,b,c bank knobs available. You can use sends c, d etc if you want send fx in your tracks.

elliotness

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirk Bigler Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:43 am

Good tip, will give it a bash. Cheers.
Dirk Bigler
Dirk Bigler
APC40 user

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content