Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application for Re-programming the APC40

3 posters

Go down

Application for Re-programming the APC40 Empty Application for Re-programming the APC40

Post by VeraNova Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:18 am

so everyone knows about Bomes & Max/MSP,
but they both have a relatively steep learning curb and cost and arm & a leg.

wouldnt it make sense that there would be an open-source application that works WITH the Live API (if there is one, im not sure),
and allows you to re-program the APC using a graphical interface?
although you can easily re-map controls, you cant actually set them to move when you select a different channel or move around the grid, for instance mapping the top set of nobs in a similar way to the bottom set.

whenever in the past i have come across a modding community for something (be it a phone or a tablet),
there have always been open-source solutions like this, but there doesnt seem to be any projects for the APC40.

discuss
VeraNova
VeraNova

Back to top Go down

Application for Re-programming the APC40 Empty Re: Application for Re-programming the APC40

Post by Dirk Bigler Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:13 pm

Agree the cost puts me off. I dont want to build anything, just use others templates. What about a 'read only' light version?
Dirk Bigler
Dirk Bigler
APC40 user

Back to top Go down

Application for Re-programming the APC40 Empty Re: Application for Re-programming the APC40

Post by VeraNova Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:21 pm

personally i would still like to build my own patches.
but i would rather do it in a graphical interface, as im not really a programmer.
and for that same reason i cant start this project myself haha
VeraNova
VeraNova

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi Veranova,

I like yourself am not a "programmer" but the max graphical programming solution has become second nature for me, patch cords and logic is all it really needs.....

You have to have a very clear outline of what you want to achieve though as it can quickly end up taking over your life!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VeraNova Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:11 pm

well i do agree max is very simple to use, and i have actually had some success with it.
however that was with the demo and i simply dont have the cash in hand to be spending on max.
which is why i started this topic <P
VeraNova
VeraNova

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down