Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Note Mode & Artillery 2

2 posters

Go down

Note Mode & Artillery 2 Empty Note Mode & Artillery 2

Post by RIP_KING Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:43 am

I had an idea of using the apc40 during a DJ set to control Artillery 2 using the python script to enable note mode found at: http://remotescripts.blogspot.com/

I think I have everything set up correctly. I dropped an instance of the Artillery plug-in onto my Audio channel for Deck A. I then created a separate midi channel specifically to route to Deck A to control the plug in. I am using the mode "shift + track 3" so that all midi notes would be picked up on channel 10. I then told the new midi channel to receive from channel 10. However, when I try and control the artillery plug in I get no feedback anywhere on the keyboard. Is there something I'm missing? I have a MIDI keyboard I could use along with it but was just wondering if anyone here had insight on whether this could be controlled completely within the apc?

RIP_KING

Back to top Go down

Note Mode & Artillery 2 Empty Re: Note Mode & Artillery 2

Post by RIP_KING Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:12 pm

anyone have an idea on this?

RIP_KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:13 am

I did something similar with the Lucifer plug in but used my KORG microKONTROL to control it. The Lucifer plug s triggered by using the keys on the keyboard. Having said that, I did remap my sends to control some of the basic knobs so assume this is something that would also work?

Assume you have tried just clicking on MIDI in the top right in Ableton and clicking on the VST 'Device Activator'? Also MIDI preferences would need to be changed. Sorry if this isnt clear, but I am not sitting in front of Ableton just now and trying to work this out through memory.

I need to check out the Artillery 2 plug in, is it any good?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://apc40.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Does this help?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RIP_KING Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:59 pm

I'll give it another shot when I get home tonight. I've been messing around with the demo of the plug in and it definitely has some pretty cool effects and there are tons of parameters for you to muck around with. You can assign different effects to a range of keys on your keyboard which is pretty cool. I haven't tried to get it working in a few days but if I remember correctly, I was able to get it to work right when I plugged my MPK25 into my computer.

What I think would be cool though is to use the python script I attached in my first message, and switch the mode on the APC to say like "shift-3" and use the grid in that mode to manipulate the effects from the midi channel. Does that make sense? For whatever reason though, if I switch to note mode using the script and try and manipulate battery 2 that way, it doesn't recognize any of my button presses as key strokes. Is there anything I might be missing?

Other than that, I would definitely check out the demo and see if you like it, there's definitely some cool stuff in there

RIP_KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Understand what you are trying to do now, not sure I can help but will give it a think.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum