Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My APC40 knobs have a mind of their own! Help!

2 posters

Go down

My APC40 knobs have a mind of their own! Help! Empty My APC40 knobs have a mind of their own! Help!

Post by Paul_Program Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:40 am

Have had the APC40 for about 6 months now and love it but I've run into some glitches that are really hurting my DJ sets. I'm only using EQ3 for the knobs, and when i turn them, they usually move themselves and jump +1 or -1 db without me even touching the knobs. To get to the point, my knobs aren't accurate and change db's when I barely touch it. They seem VERY sensitive. They will move to even the slightest touch, and when I'm mixing I can never accurately get my db levels right. For example, If I want my mid's to go down to -5 db, I will turn the knob, and instead of stopping at -5db it jumps to another level. Can anyone explain this? I'm using default mapping right now, and I'd like to get a template so I can have EQ3 on two channels at the same time but I want to make sure I don't have to send my APC40 to Akai first for repair. Would really appreciate any sort of help, I miss mixing on the APC40 without having to worry about where my db levels will jump in my set.

Paul_Program

Back to top Go down

My APC40 knobs have a mind of their own! Help! Empty Re: My APC40 knobs have a mind of their own! Help!

Post by VeraNova Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:38 am

sounds potentially just to be dirty pots.
you could try getting some 'Aero Klene' and squirting it inside the pot, then wiggling it around lots.

only problem with that is these pots come with some sort of thick lubricant or something, so it will feel really loose to the touch after doing that, and you may want to find something to get some viscosity back into it, although im not sure what would do the trick.
VeraNova
VeraNova

Back to top Go down

My APC40 knobs have a mind of their own! Help! Empty Re: My APC40 knobs have a mind of their own! Help!

Post by Paul_Program Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Just a followup on this: I contacted Akai and they weren't familiar with this problem but said it's probably a hardware defect. I'm gonna order a bottle of Aero Klene for future use, but I have no choice but to send it in because my warranty expires soon, and getting this thing fixed without a warranty will be a pain in the *ss. I'll sit tight for a couple weeks, mix with some other midi controllers I own, and be patient.

Paul_Program

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down