Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do we connect the APC40 to Pioneer DJM600?

3 posters

Go down

How do we connect the APC40 to Pioneer DJM600? Empty How do we connect the APC40 to Pioneer DJM600?

Post by DBopper Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:31 pm

I also have a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB sound card, do I need to connect the APC40 to the midi ports on that and then from there to the mixer?

DBopper

Back to top Go down

How do we connect the APC40 to Pioneer DJM600? Empty Re: How do we connect the APC40 to Pioneer DJM600?

Post by S4racen Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Can i ask why you'd connect it to a mixer? it's meant to be connected to your pc to control Ableton? if it's a through port on the focusrite and you've run out of usb ports i cant speak from experience but as i understand it it should be ok, you'd need to locate the correct wiring....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

How do we connect the APC40 to Pioneer DJM600? Empty Re: How do we connect the APC40 to Pioneer DJM600?

Post by psilopsyben Fri May 13, 2011 9:28 pm

you don't connect it to the mixer. As S4racen said, you connect it to your pc to control ableton. I have the same soundcard as you, and if you take a look at the apc, there are no midi ports on it, so you can't connect it to the focusrite. So it should be apc to pc, focusrite to pc, focusrite audio out to djm600 and you're good.

psilopsyben

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down