Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

make the crossfader more "resistant"

3 posters

Go down

make the crossfader more "resistant" Empty make the crossfader more "resistant"

Post by darkalex2501 Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:32 pm

hello
sorry for my bad english: i'm french

I would like to know if there's a way to have a more resistant, or less "fast" cross.

Does someone has tried to change the cross fader or to put something to make it less flexible and fast?

thanks

darkalex2501

Back to top Go down

make the crossfader more "resistant" Empty Re: make the crossfader more "resistant"

Post by VeraNova Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:20 pm

darkalex2501 wrote:hello
sorry for my bad english: i'm french

I would like to know if there's a way to have a more resistant, or less "fast" cross.

Does someone has tried to change the cross fader or to put something to make it less flexible and fast?

thanks
its possible to actually remove it and put your own one in.

however im not sure what teh standards are for crossfaders,
so if theres any specific size or pin requirement im not sure.

so add some resistance of course you could try putting a thicker lubricant in it.
but again im not sure whats available as i havent felt the need to do it
VeraNova
VeraNova

Back to top Go down

make the crossfader more "resistant" Empty Re: make the crossfader more "resistant"

Post by jrbias Sun May 15, 2011 5:52 am

I've done this on other equiptment and it works great......try taking a piece of velcro (soft side) or a piece of felt and stick it to the bottom of the fader slider I use the velcro with the sticky stuff on one side (3m)
I'm sure you will like how it feels it will add the needed resistance you are looking for.

jrbias

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down