Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why won't the APC40 and Kore 2 controller coexist happily?

Go down

Why won't the APC40 and Kore 2 controller coexist happily? Empty Why won't the APC40 and Kore 2 controller coexist happily?

Post by Schizophonix Sun May 15, 2011 11:24 pm

I 've been using Ableton Live with the AKAI APC40 controller on my Mac Book Pro for a couple of years now, and recently I bought Native Instruments' Kore 2 software & controller.

When I use either controller by itself, everything runs smoothly. When I try to use both, chaos ensues! APC becomes unresponsive, Live crashes, etc.

I could get into detail, but every time there is a different set of issues. There are many threads on the issue on AbletonĀ“s forum. It is weird I havenĀ“found any here, over there I found at least 20 users reporting the same issue, everyone gets different symptoms, but noone seems to get them to work together.

My questions are:
1) Is there anyone here that has both controllers and can use them without any issues?
1) From those that do have problems, has anyone found a solution or a workaround?
2) Has Ableton, AKAI or NI given any solutions or opinions on the matter?
3) Which of the three companies do you think I should pressurize most about the issue? Obviously they will start blaming each other.
4) Have I just wasted 400 euros? (Kore 2 is of no use to me if I cannot incorporate it into my gig setup.)

Any input is welcome.

Schizophonix

Back to top Go down