Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Advice - Some clips are there but do not show up on APC

2 posters

Go down

Need Advice - Some clips are there but do not show up on APC Empty Need Advice - Some clips are there but do not show up on APC

Post by DuckSauceGravy Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:57 pm

I'm using the APC with my current band, and I'm setup to where I keep several songs worth of material in a single Ableton project, sometimes totaling 31 or 32 tracks. Something funny has been happening when I toggle over to the last song in the project. Round about track #24, any clips in tracks beyond that do not show up in the clip matrix. Although the clip matrix stays the same, (clips that are lit up no longer move) I can tell I'm still scrolling, because the fader assignments change to control different tracks, and I can still trigger the clips that aren't showing up. This is obviously hard to do because I can't see them. Is this a common problem? Is it fixable? I know the Ableton folks probably meant for us to work more vertically than horizontally in the clip view, but for this particular project, it would not work. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

DuckSauceGravy

Back to top Go down

Need Advice - Some clips are there but do not show up on APC Empty Re: Need Advice - Some clips are there but do not show up on APC

Post by Admin Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Are you using the version of Ableton that came with the APC40? If so you are limited on the number of scenes and tracks you can use. If it isnt this, let us know.

Comparison chart here
http://www.ableton.com/pages/2009/apc_40/comparison_chart
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://apc40.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Need Advice - Some clips are there but do not show up on APC Empty Re: Need Advice - Some clips are there but do not show up on APC

Post by Admin Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Apologies, I read this again and dont think this is the problem by what you are saying. What version of Ableton is it?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuckSauceGravy Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:31 pm

We shelled $250 out for the student version of Live 8. Only difference I know of between that and the suite is that mine did not come with Tension, operator, and 3 or 4 other instruments, and a few live packs weren't included. Other than that, It's full blown Live 8, so as your chart showed, my number tracks is limited, and the APC should have no problem seeing them.

DuckSauceGravy

Back to top Go down

Post by DuckSauceGravy Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:32 pm

oops. As our chart showed, my number of tracks is UNlimited.

DuckSauceGravy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:31 am

Have you tried increasing the buffer size under Ableton preferences?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down