Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mapping problem or ignorance??

3 posters

Go down

mapping problem or ignorance?? Empty mapping problem or ignorance??

Post by daimbandai Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:29 pm

hello folks

my problem is a dummie stuff but is a pain in the ass...when I try to remap a device control knob from, for example, a filter in channel 8 it's still remains changing the filter parameters even if I select channel 1, where I may be have a compressor selected and highlighted...I tried to change ableton preferences and disable "remote" from apc midi imput but that allows me to use the factory asignaments for the device control knobs..how can I remap in any channel a parameter and change to another efect in other channel without having the parameters changing fron the first efect??
thanks in advance

daimbandai

Back to top Go down

mapping problem or ignorance?? Empty Re: mapping problem or ignorance??

Post by S4racen Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi There,

If ou hard map a control it will always control that parameter no matter where you are in the set, if you want to move between the device then the left and right arrows below the device control knobs are the ones you need, if you want to move between the banks of controls of one device then press shift and use the 1-8 numbered buttons below the device control knobs....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daimbandai Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:11 am

thank you for the reply...
so you say that, for example, if I asign a filter gate amount for knob one in bank one in the first channel I can not use that knob in another channel for a diferent parameter ? if so, why apc allows me to do it by it`s factory settings changeing the knob asignaments as you switch between channels and their paramenters?
thanks at all

daimbandai

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:47 pm

The problem is your confusing Midi Messages with Control Surface Mappings....

Once you hard map you lose the control surface, it's the control surface that jumps tracks to control new elements based on whats in focus, the midi messages are irrelevant...

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jezereck Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:33 pm

from what it sounds like you are looking at the wrong channel, if you are trying to effect ch8 then you have to keep your view in ch8, once you launch ch1, you would then have to go back to view in ch8 to control the effects in that rack
The Jezereck
The Jezereck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down