Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APC40 & BCR2000 EQ Mapping problem

2 posters

Go down

APC40 & BCR2000 EQ Mapping problem Empty APC40 & BCR2000 EQ Mapping problem

Post by wezz Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi,

I bought a APC40 a couple of weeks ago solely for Djing,

I have a Behringer bcr2000 which i planned to use just for the EQs, I downloaded the

LSS EQ

http://rekkerd.org/london-school-of-sound-releases-lss-djeq/

It has some good reviews and says it was specifically designed to emulate a traditional DJ
EQ so thought I would give it a go.

I can map the EQ to the bcr2000 without a problem so when I move the dials on the bcr2000 I
can see the low, mid and high sliders move on the LSS EQ within ableton.

Now for the problem....

It only works when the device on/off switch is activated on the APC40 while this is on the
knobs on the device control section also control various controls of the EQ, I have tried to
lock the EQ to the control surface of the bcr2000 but it makes no difference.

I guess my question is there anyway I can make the APC40 or to be more specific the APC40's
device control section not recognize a particular audio effect (in this case the LSS Eq) in
the device chain of ableton????

Im assuming if I can do this it will give allow me to use the bcr2000 for EQ without any
interference from APC40? while also allowing me to use the device control section of the
APC40 for other effects on the same track...

Im new to both live and the APC40 so hopefully it's something stupidly simple ......

Any help on this would be much appreciated....

Thanks

wezz

Back to top Go down

APC40 & BCR2000 EQ Mapping problem Empty Re: APC40 & BCR2000 EQ Mapping problem

Post by VeraNova Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:53 pm

personally my solution to this would be to abandon the template,
and just use the BCR2000 as a midi controller and do all the mapping myself.

although i have to ask, why would you want to turn off the EQ's anyway?
mine are always on, they dont exactly use alot of CPU overhead!!

i havnt got any experience with B-control templates, as my BCF just works with all my DAW's in mackie control mode, so i cant help any more than that.

i do have a question for you though, do you find the Pots on the BCR to be a bit laggy in feel?
the pan Pots on my bcf feel like they arent affected the virtual nobs by the same amount im tuning them, whereas my APC40 seems to mirror my movements exactly.
iv put off buying a BCR because i fear i may be stuck with this problem, and its not acceptable for live performance to have laggy control.
VeraNova
VeraNova

Back to top Go down

Post by wezz Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks for the reply,

Im using the BCR2000 along side the APC40, Im not using a template and have indeed midi mapped it myself, theres no problem with that, the the problem is APC40's device control section seems to over ride the controls of the EQ

I want to keep the EQ's on so they are ready to go like a normal mixer but unless the device on/off button is on they don't work, that's my point.... Im looking for a way to isolate the EQ so the device section doesn't interfere with the mapping of the bcr2000.....

It seems whatever audio effect you put on a track the device control section is hard wired to it and can't be turned off? maybe im missing something....

In reply to your question about the dials on the BCR they do feel a bit odd, they don't feel all that soild when turning and I think this could reflect on screen making them feel laggy, the APC40 dials seem to have a bit of resistance to them so you know where you are, where as the BCR one feel like pedaling a bike in a low gear.... if that makes sense.... you just have to pedal faster captain.....

I have never used the BCF so can't say for sure but my guess is Behringer would use the same components for the BCR dials as the BCF ones (they look the same) therefore they would probably feel and act the same.... don't take that as gospel though....

wezz

Back to top Go down

Post by VeraNova Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:20 pm

ah i must have misunderstood what you were saying.
have you tried putting in effects racks in the first effects slot on each channel?

because i could see the device control section taking control if every time you select a channel it selects the EQ (because its first in the effects chain).
also as i said before dont turn your EQ's off, although i think that its involuntary in this case.

i have never come across the problem as yet, however i was considering a similar setup to achieve what you are doing.
let me know if you work it out!
im afraid i cant help past this point really.

yeah they use the same pots across the range, they just feel loose and tacky to me.
although you cant go wrong for that money!!
VeraNova
VeraNova

Back to top Go down

Post by wezz Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:37 pm

yeah I tried putting a rack in the 1st slot but like you say with device control you can only select one effect to be on one channel at any one time so it turns the eq off, guess I will keep looking until I find a way, or until my APC40 takes an unscheduled flight out of my window, whatever comes first...... If I were a betting man, which I am I would say, can you fly APC.....

If I find a way I will be sure to let you know.....

Im gonna stick with the tacky pots of the BCR for the time being, besides if I can't get the EQ to work, the BCR's gonna take the same flight path as the APC....

Thanks....

wezz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down