Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APC 40 - MIDI

2 posters

Go down

APC 40 - MIDI Empty APC 40 - MIDI

Post by groovelastig Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:42 am

hey everyone,

i am considering buying an APC40, however i'd also like to use it in conjunction with applications other than Ableton Live.
as I understand, the APC works as a class compliant USB MIDI OUT device that can simply send notes and controllers to a DAW (i know because i've seen it work with cubase).

but the really neat thing about it are the multicolor leds that REALLY want to be used as a sequencer.

so the question is this - is the protocol that switches the APC leds on and off also MIDI (MIDI IN)?
can somebody try and figure that out and tell me please (or has already figured that out)?

i suggest simply checking with MIDI-OX
> www.midiox.com/

i'd probably not get a 450 euro controller that is restricted to one programme only.
akai support has never gotten back to me even after several e-mails : | even though i own quite a number of controllers made by them ..

please help me out here

thanks

groovelastig

Back to top Go down

APC 40 - MIDI Empty Re: APC 40 - MIDI

Post by wbowers Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:45 pm

The LEDs are midi controlled with velocity...

1 green
2 green blinking
3 red
4 red blinking
5 orange
6 orange blinking

7-127 are green

to access this level of control you will need a third party midi translator.

wbowers

Back to top Go down

Post by groovelastig Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:44 pm

thanks for the reply! I use jeskola buzz modular tracker so scripting something along those lines should be possible.

groovelastig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down