Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midi value jumping with on/off inverted ??? Youtube Vid

Go down

Midi value jumping with on/off inverted ??? Youtube Vid Empty Midi value jumping with on/off inverted ??? Youtube Vid

Post by h4ndcrafted Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Vid of issue... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ZiJu3Vp90

I have eq 8 to act as a basic hipass.

I map 1 apc40 encoder (in this case pan/trckcontrl 5)

This works fine until I map the on/off botton and set it to invert. Obviously I want to do this so the eq 8 switches on as I sweep the eq.

Thing is, when I do this the eq switches on but jumps right up the freq (straight to the highest value) rather than sweeping up gradually.

As I say if i don't map the on/off it work and sweep slowely through the range as I turn the encoder.

Anybody know why this is, bc when I have mapped say Sonalksis tbk1 to do this task (I map the bypass instead of on/off) it works fine. I guess it is bc I'm mapping the bypass on the plugin rather than on/off device)

I should also add that this is repeatable with ableton auto filter etc.

How would I map this otherwise without having an on/off switch assigned ? Obviously I don't want eq8 or auto filter on all the time as it is going to cut some freq. I noticed some ppl had HP filter mapped to track control, how do they turn them on and off without inverting a bypass or on/off switch ?

h4ndcrafted

Back to top Go down