Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midi assignment question

3 posters

Go down

Midi assignment question Empty Midi assignment question

Post by bnubs Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi there,

Just curious, is possible to assign two pieces of hardware (say a knob and a pad/button) to the same device? For example, having a knob set to control the low on eq (which I can then turn manually from 0.00 dB to -inf dB), but simultaneously having a pad or button capable of switching it directly from -inf dB to 0.00 dB.

Thanks in advance,

bnubs

bnubs

Back to top Go down

Midi assignment question Empty Re: Midi assignment question

Post by RIP_KING Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:09 am

don't quote me but I don't think so

RIP_KING

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Only with another piece of software in addition to Ableton, i'd recommend Bomes for the begiunner but there are free solutions out there...

The most powerful and costly solution is max for live, i've created devices where for example a button can act as a toggle or a timed curve whilst still giving control to a mapped knob as well.... It's not simple to get started but the rewards are the best i've found in three years of hacking Ableton!

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RIP_KING Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:34 pm

I can attest that Darren's max devices are great, if you have Max 4 Live I highly recommend investing the money to support Darren and his efforts, he is a great resource for the ableton (and apc40) community and the devices work great. His Isotonik package is very reasonable for what you get.

RIP_KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down