Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APC40 Crackles when using track select button.

5 posters

Go down

APC40 Crackles when using track select button. Empty APC40 Crackles when using track select button.

Post by avitmarine Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:55 pm

My APC40 Crackles when using track select button. I am using the Tone Port UX!1, 256 buffer. If I use the mouse to chage track I don't get the cracles. Has any one any ideas?

avitmarine

Back to top Go down

APC40 Crackles when using track select button. Empty Re: APC40 Crackles when using track select button.

Post by Dirk Bigler Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:03 pm

What OS are you running? I got a few crackles when I upgraded to Snow Leopard, changing the drivers for my Native Audio 8 and upgrading to the latest Ableton 8.1.1 worked for me.

This may also help:

http://line6.com/community/thread/22206?start=0&tstart=0
Dirk Bigler
Dirk Bigler
APC40 user

Back to top Go down

APC40 Crackles when using track select button. Empty PC with XP pro SP3

Post by avitmarine Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:53 pm

I use PC's. I am a rare breed who hate Apple and Apple Macs.

avitmarine

Back to top Go down

APC40 Crackles when using track select button. Empty Solved

Post by avitmarine Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Dirk, I had a look at the video and followed a few tips about optimisation and bingo the crackles have gone. I am not sure which twiddle actually fixed it but it worked, many thanks.
I forgot with my quad power I have now, what I used to have to do to get Cubase working smoothly all those years ago in Winsows 2000.

avitmarine

Back to top Go down

APC40 Crackles when using track select button. Empty Re: APC40 Crackles when using track select button.

Post by VeraNova Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:14 pm

wow im glad i looked on the forum first.
at least im not the only person to be getting this. or hold the same view against apple macs Razz

im using a lexicon omega which works fine the rest of the time.
its just when i select a new track that the computer makes a "crack"
VeraNova
VeraNova

Back to top Go down

Post by VeraNova Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:24 pm

just so that this thread is updated...
the problem was a ableton bug with the first release of 8.1
it was fixed in 8.1.1
VeraNova
VeraNova

Back to top Go down

Post by daimbandai Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:58 am

I`m afraid of saying that even in 8.1.1 the crackles live and fight!! I`m having random crackles and glithces when I change between tracks from APC40!! my pc is not a turttle so I wpuld like if someone have some solution or tip....thanks!!

daimbandai

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:21 am

Have you looked at this http://line6.com/community/thread/22206?start=0&tstart=0 , checked all drivers are up to date and checked cables? What are you running on and what soundcard do you have?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://apc40.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daimbandai Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:50 am

Admin wrote:Have you looked at this http://line6.com/community/thread/22206?start=0&tstart=0 , checked all drivers are up to date and checked cables? What are you running on and what soundcard do you have?

yeah done...it happens when I may be change between even audio or midi channels with some effects or plugins...I use live 8.1.1 with reason4 in rewire...maudio oxygenv8 midikeyboard...mono jcable to active maudio monitor cases and maudio movil pre as my soundcard...ezdrummer and kontakt 4...obiously not at the same time lol!

daimbandai

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirk Bigler Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:11 am

What OS are you on? I know there were problems with Vista. If another Windows OS, make sure you have the latest service pack installed.

Also trying going to : Options>Preferences>Audio and then click on Hardware Config and increase the ASIO buffer incrementally until the crackles go away. Doing this introduces the risk of increasing latency so you want to strive to get the best balance between as a big a buffer as you can get without latency.
Dirk Bigler
Dirk Bigler
APC40 user

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down