Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to stop track launching from changing focus

5 posters

Go down

How to stop track launching from changing focus Empty How to stop track launching from changing focus

Post by koochy Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:10 am

Hi all,
Sorry if this has already been discussed.
I'm looking for a way to stop the focus from changing when i launch a clip on a different track.
This is really annoying when dj'ing coz it changes focus to my effects rack on the newly launched track. alternatively, it would be great to assign a button to focus on track 1 and then another to focus on track 2 as long as it iliminates the auto-focusing.

Also, when i manually map knobs from the track control section, it only has a single light bar showing parameter position. Is there a way to have display multiple bars like the device control light rings do?

koochy

Back to top Go down

How to stop track launching from changing focus Empty Re: How to stop track launching from changing focus

Post by Admin Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:03 am

I think this is a solution to what you are asking, let me know if I have not read your question correctly.....

alkaloihd

Subject: Re: clip view selection Wed 16 Sep 2009 - 20:31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

with the apc 40 there's a way around this

if you don't use your activator buttons, or have your tracks solidly in the place that they should be...you can map either the track selector buttons or activators to the button just under all the clips (which pops up when you press MIDI map button...it basically programs the button to display the active clip in the track! took me a while to find this, but i have noticed a few instances of other controls popping up when i press midi map and this one is especially useful!

be sure however to not map it to the "play highlited clip....button" which is just underneath the button i'm talking about...that one will play the clip that is previously highlited each time you press it...it's the button above that...which simply "selects" the PLAYING clip in that track....that way when you alternate between the two on each track...no matter where the selectors are...or the red box....it will show you the clip currently playing in that track

Last edited by Admin on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://apc40.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to stop track launching from changing focus Empty Re: How to stop track launching from changing focus

Post by VeraNova Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:26 pm

thanks for this.
thats was really handy.
VeraNova
VeraNova

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:19 am

Actually you need to go into lives preferences and govto the record warp launch tab. Then make sure the select track on launch option is unticked.

For the lighting issue it's to do with the midi message the apc recieves in feedback, you can fix this using bomes but not with live on it's own as far as I'm aware....

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by koochy Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:30 am

Thanks for the help!
I couldn't find the button to map, but S4racen's tip worked perfectly.

Looks like i'll have to get myself a copy of bomes

koochy

Back to top Go down

Post by VeraNova Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:41 pm

the button you need to map is the one that looks like its part of the matrix but is actually just below it.
when your playing a track it shows the time you are at and when you are looping it tells you the number of times youve looped it.
dont map the stop button though, map the block itself as this selects the playing track.
i did it after seeing this topic and it works perfectly
VeraNova
VeraNova

Back to top Go down

Post by M_L Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm

VeraNova wrote:the button you need to map is the one that looks like its part of the matrix but is actually just below it.
when your playing a track it shows the time you are at and when you are looping it tells you the number of times youve looped it.
dont map the stop button though, map the block itself as this selects the playing track.
i did it after seeing this topic and it works perfectly

thats the one. its pretty handy

cheers Smile
M_L
M_L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down