Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fast forward through a track?

2 posters

Go down

Fast forward through a track? Empty Fast forward through a track?

Post by Dirk Bigler Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:48 pm

I have 100s of tracks and sometimes when listening through the headphones I want to fast forward/ skip forward to hear if the track is suitable. Is there anything I can do to map the the record buttons to skip forward?
Dirk Bigler
Dirk Bigler
APC40 user

Back to top Go down

Fast forward through a track? Empty Re: Fast forward through a track?

Post by RIP_KING Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:08 am

Check this link out, might be exactly what you're looking for. I've tested it out and it works perfectly (assuming you don't use the cross fader for anything):

http://www.housecontainer.nl/blog/about-me/113-ableton-live-needle-drop-with-the-akai-apc-40.html

RIP_KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirk Bigler Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:18 am

RIP-KING your are star!

This is just what I am after. Next questions, what do I map? I dont quite understand what it is in Ableton (dont have it in front of me at the moment) that will let me do this.

Can you talk me through it (in simple terms!)

Thanks again for all your help.
Dirk Bigler
Dirk Bigler
APC40 user

Back to top Go down

Post by RIP_KING Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:36 pm

if you click the link that I posted, the guy posted a screen shot of the clip settings menu on the right part of the article. you want to map the blank white box in between the double arrow pointing left and the double arrow pointing right, right underneath the "commit" button. In the image capture he posted, the box has a black highlighted line around the outside of it.

It works pretty well, I've tested it out before but don't use it in practice because I'm a subscriber of Will's template and he uses the crossfader for mixing in dummy clip effects. I imagine this would work with an endless encoder if you have an extra or want to map the cue level knob on the apc40

RIP_KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down