Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Akai APC40 Forum
We're just making some changes to the forum so please bear with us as we move the furniture around...
Akai APC40 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do your track control encoders reset when switching between tracks?

2 posters

Go down

Do your track control encoders reset when switching between tracks? Empty Do your track control encoders reset when switching between tracks?

Post by robjac Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:45 am

When switching between track 1 to track 2 via track selection buttons, the track control encoders rest to 0. which kills for example a low pas filter that requires to be turned all the way up.

Darren, I don't remember, but I may have asked you this before. But it would be nice for the Track control knobs to no reset when selecting another track.

robjac

Back to top Go down

Do your track control encoders reset when switching between tracks? Empty Re: Do your track control encoders reset when switching between tracks?

Post by S4racen Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Um, they shouldn't at all... There's something thats not correct when you've initialised the device or the track control encoders are in the wrong mode...

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

http://www.isotonikstudios.com

Back to top Go down

Do your track control encoders reset when switching between tracks? Empty Re: Do your track control encoders reset when switching between tracks?

Post by robjac Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:15 am

Don't get me wrong. i've managed Smile

but what is resetting is not isotonik device itself, because when i choose to view another track (lets say the wave form of another track, the lights of my track control knobs reset to null (no lights)

can i record a video next time i'm back at my apartment and send it to you?

robjac

Back to top Go down

Post by robjac Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:27 am

I've tried a fresh install twice now and its still resetting.

Does the "Takeover Mode" matter?

i don't mean to flood you with questions... for some reason my midi seems to be VERY wonky now. i'm going to have a go watching your videos again. i'm getting lights on for the pan, send b and send c buttons when i choose DJFX bank (in send a). I have followed your instructions to the dot.

so confused, did i break it? Used to run fine on my last macbook.

This is the case for encoders in both isotonik mode and standard mode: if track selection is on track one and then track selection button 2 (or any other track is selected) the track control encoders reset. on just my device. the value doesnt get affected (i.e. high pass is still half way up) but the encoders reset to 0, thus when touched again, the value (of the high pass lets say) resets too.

thanks for the swift reply and hearing me out.

-Robbie

Last edited by robjac on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more troubleshooting.)

robjac

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:45 am

The Track Control Encoders are Midi Mapped to Ableton, can you check the Midi Mapping window and ensure that they are communicating correctly, i'm assuming they are...

It sounds like the age old resetting Midi values error.... Takeover mode should be none as we update the values sent to the encoders when you switch...

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robjac Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:46 am

So this age old resetting midi values error (much like it is explained in here : [Only admins are allowed to see this link] is still happening to me. I'm getting a lot more glitches with Isotonik now too. I can't really get my head around why this all is happening on a clean computer. I have searched far and wide, but nobody seems to be talking about a solution or even seem to be having the same problems as me.

Tack Encoders are behaving correctly. At least when viewed in Midi Map mode and observing response.

But switching tracks is still resetting my track encoders.

A 2009 video (vimeo) very porrly illustrates this same problem with his apc but when switching between encoder banks with the shift functionality. His resets the device encoders.

i'm getting ready for another spring-time college-town touring season and really really do not want to drop Isotonik out of my setup. (Everything else that i have built or used kills my cpu load; Isotonik does a lot more without completely overloading cpu)

Like I said, I'll keep trying, but really don't know what else to try. I've even reformatted another computer just to test it out. No cigar.

If you can sense my desperate disposition, you're correct! HAHA. Only because Isotonik had become my flagship tool in performance as well as production. It truly helped me progress with my DJing.

With that said, if you ever think of a solution or even a troubleshooting idea, please send it my way. I've already expressed my fondness of this system, and would like to come back to it as soon as possible. (Traktor is getting very boring) Wink

thanks man.
-Robbie

robjac

Back to top Go down

Post by S4racen Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:39 am

Hi Robbie,

Troubleshooting is a challenge when i'm not experiencing any problems, i really do think you're suffering from the issue that early APC40's had in resetting banks when switching between them... There's nothing in Isotonik that does this as it monitors the values within Live to be able to switch between banks and pull back a value that might have been adjusted by a mouse.....

Simply put the Track Control Encoders are Midi Mapped, no magic there, we update the dials they are mapped to within Isotonik, your APC40 is sending a midi message when switching to reset these Encoders to zero... check whats happening with the midi mapping window and a midi monitor utility that prints the stream of midi messages to an from the APC...

Cheers
D

S4racen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robjac Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:57 am

Thanks Darren,
So I have consluded it probably IS an early apc 40; (2009). Never had the same problem before this year though.

Im giving up and buying a new one I suppose (this is how much i love isotonik).

In the mean time,;

if anyone else if having the same problem: I just turned of the Select on Launch settings under the launch tab in the preferences window.

This was in fact advice you had given in the past (https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=105268&start=990) which didnt pertain to Isotonik.

Just wondering, is there anyway you know of for me to confirm that my apc40 indeed has this defect/glitch with an empty ableton set? Or maybe you know of a place on the web where there are others like me (HAHA) so that I can find out if this is the same exact problem for everyone [that has an early apc40 like me]? I can't really seem to find anything about this issue for some reason.

I've had a few scotch and sodas, forgive me if my sentences are fragmented.

-Robbie Smile

robjac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down